How to have a happy New Year……….or not!
So Christmas time has come and gone and with it all the hustle bustle and weeks of planning. January settles into somewhat of an anti-climax that leaves you sitting amongst piles of discarded wrappings gloomily wondering ‘Now What?’ Dismally we prod our post christmas weight gain and vow resolutely to sign up for the gym and turn ourselves into body beautifuls, quit drinking and therefore become wonderful people. Right??
Pretty much! Prodding my own post christmas tum, i have happily christened it my food baby and only the expected January diet has prevented it from growing into a full blown toddler complete with requisite tantrums. Actually in all honesty i’m exaggerating just a teensy bit here since Christmas weight gain was less than 2lbs despite eating enough for a family of 5. Someone up there must like me just a tad and i sent up a silent thankyou to those in the know as i wriggled into my size 10 dress. Partner in crime (twiglet boyfriend) is still bemoaning non existent stomach on the slimmest mans frame i’ve ever seen thus making us the most typical examples of New Years Resoluters going. Out of the window went any thoughts of portion control and to my shame i really did go on a see-food diet!!
Lack of sunlight has robbed me of my lovely summer glow and my customary winter milk bottle skin blends me in to the bleak winter landscape, saved only by a splash of scarlet lipstick in total defiance at conformity. As is traditionally expected i sat, pen poised, ready to make my new years resolutions and winced as i automatically trotted out the age old ones written down by the population en masse.
1) Lose weight (ah the old classic)….hmmmm i’ve been doing that most of 2012 and have very little left to go so we can pretty much scrap that one after march!!
2) Go to the gym ( but of course!)…. but ditto here too since i went most of last year, i just need to go back post christmas so lets scrap that one too!
3) Become best selling author and churn out books like post it notes. Okay maybe a little optimistic here but i have vowed to actually finish my book this year…..honest!! I just need a title, a plot, some characters and a beginning! Easy!!
4) Become total genius in 6 short months and make multiple appearances on Mastermind thus leading me to be invited to a dinner party with Stephen Hawking and other intelligent beings of note…
5) Become multi- lingual and annoy people by pretending to be from Sweden.
6) Ride my bike without holding on to the nearest passing lorry, abiltity to turn corners would also be an advantage here so vow to work on that. Might consider removing stabilizers by Easter if progressing well.
7) Stop giving my wrinkles names and marking their progress off on height charts!
8) Learn the calorie content of every food on the planet thus saving large amounts of time in the supermarket. On the subject of supermarkets i will only slide down the aisles on my trolley when grouchy shop assistants aren’t looking
9) Will resolve to improve my aim when throwing stuffed missiles at rival team aka gorgeous boyfriend. Will also learn to duck faster thus scoring more points.
10) I will stop buying shoes since i have over 50 pairs and chances of ever leaving my room are being greatly diminished weekly. Maybe we’ll just tactfully ignore the 4 pairs i’ve bought since christmas *cough*
11) Buy new pyjamas and throw away ‘big enough for three people’ sized ones currently being sported by yours truly. Remind self constantly that having to hang on to your rapidly descending trousers as you walk is not a sexy look. Bum does definitely not look big in this!!
12) Be nicer to my ‘love me, love me’ cat. Will resolve not to miaow back at him from upstairs windows when he is frantically yowling to come in. Will also remind myself that comically surprised expression on his face when i do so is not actually funny.
13) Will resolve to have very uncharacteristic minor crisis at some point within the year, just to buck the trend. It just doesnt do to get stuck into a rut these days…
14) Stop annoying myself singing random songs that pop into my head especially when i dont know the words and have to hum half of it..
15) Be happy….just because life is too short and im too far along the path to go back and start again.
Happy New Year Everyone!!
Happy New Year everyone!!
January 7, 2013 - Posted by xpanda1969x | blogging, blogs, diet, emotions, fears, gossip, gym, health, humour, life, love, musings, personal, philosophy, random, shopping, thoughts, Uncategorized | author, big ben, bike, book, calories, cat, diet, fat, fireworks, genuis, gym, humour, new years resolutions, pyjamas, shoes, stephen hawking, sweden
No comments yet.
<———- this is me
Amanda but my partner calls me panda, hence the title of the blog!
And this…………. IS my blog.
I’m a youthful 43 year old mom of 3, crazy blogger of random thoughts that come from a brain that frequently takes over and does its own thing.
I love to read, and i mean i read a LOT.Books have been my best friends since i was very young and im rarely without at least one on the go.
Favourite authors include Diana gabaldon, Barbara Erskine, Trudi Canavan, Maria V Snyder, Edward Rutherfurd and Bernard Cornwell
Currently reading…. Here Be Dragons by Sharon Kay Penman ( for about the fiftieth time for l love it so!!)
I love the outdoors and i walk for miles whenever i can,and my dream one day is to retire to North West Wales and live in a cottage writing my crazy thoughts.I cannot explain why for i am not welsh but i feel such an affinity with Wales that calls me back there.
I love charlie Bears..sad i know for a grown woman to love teddy bears but love them i do and i’d like you all to meet Tiff Toff my favourite of all
I love meeting and talking to new people so if you’re passing on by, drop in and say hello and most of all thankyou for reading my blog!!
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Top Posts & Pages
- Air show
- charlie bears
- Duxford 2012
- Memphis belle
- Sally B
- tv show
- weight training
The Andreas04 Theme.